Real Estate Accountant
The accountant will handle full scope of the accounting for the Real Estate Development, Property Management, and Corporate Management. The accountant will collaborate with internal and external team members.
• Process payments and document accounting records for company’s business including acquisition, financing, and property management.
• Prepare overall annual companywide budgets and related variance analyses
• Maintain accounting software system; troubleshoot with software vendor as needed
• Perform all accounting functions, including prepare month-end packages, consolidated journal entries and monthly financial reporting.
• Responsible for Account Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger, review payments to contractors and vendors
• Maintain inter-company loan schedule and prepare reconciliations
• Work with project managers on job cost coding and tracking against project budgets, prepare financial analysis
• Prepare and maintain Cash Flow Reports, budget revisions, identify and explain budget vs. actual variances
• Assist with treasury management, loan draws and tracking, cash forecasts, cost tracking, and compliance reporting
• Lead the tax preparation and assist with annual audit.
• Two to five years’ experience in real estate development and/or construction project accounting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
• Project accounting experience with projects in the $10M to $500M or more range.
• Experience establishing and maintaining financial reporting and tracking systems with real estate management.
• Experience in and knowledge of financial forecasting and reporting.
• Sound experience in financial reporting and accounting principles and practices utilized in controls of complex large-scale real estate developments.
• Excellent proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
• Impeccable attention to details.
• Ability to multitask and solve problems.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Please send your resume to: (All applicants will be held confidential)