Real Estate Accountant
Our client, a major Real Estate firm based in NYC, is looking to hire a Property Accountant.
Competitive compensation packages are being offered.
Property Accountant: Position Description
· Hands-on role reporting to the Senior Vice President and Senior Controller overseeing finance and operations, the Property Accountant will:
· Abstract leases and supervise the preparation of accurate bills based on lease terms;
· Prepare and bill operating and real estate tax escalations to Tenants based on Leases and review with Tenants as necessary;
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports including general ledger for properties, as well as a consolidated report, for lenders and investors;
· Prepare for and supervise audits by government and private tenants;
· Prepare operating and capital budgets for each property;
· Prepare and explain variances to owner, bankers, tax accountants, as necessary;
· Assist with tax certiorari functions with consultants and attorneys.
· Assist with accounts payable
· Excellent verbal and written communication and managerial skills
· At least 2 years in commercial real estate property accounting
· Mastery of lease terminology
· Knowledge of the MRI or Yardi accounting system
· Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel
· Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
· Business savvy and diligence
Salary 90k to 115k .
For discrete inquiries contact Dovid Sporn (212) 344-5050. firstname.lastname@example.org