Manager of Product Development Product Development Senior Level
A consumer products Manufacturer and Distributor is seeking a creative and detail-oriented Manager of Product Development. This individual will be responsible for the creation and development of new products including research, design, evaluation, testing, sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, and launches. The Manager of Product Development will oversee all the details of bringing new products to market from manuals, tech support, packaging, content for marketing, and production compliance. This role will collaborate with our Creative team to ensure that the technical information on packaging, guides and one sheets are accurate. The Manager of Product Development will work closely with factories to ensure that company has the necessary information to bring the product to market, as well as all necessities for troubleshooting production or fabrication issues. This position will manage 2-3 staff members.
• Development of product design, structural details of packaging, manuals, technical sheets and FAQ sheets.
• Research and development of new products including regulatory concerns, patents, legal issues, and compliance issues.
• Collaborate with Customer Service on technical issues, spare part needs, and product issue tracking.
• Working with the factory on production issues, prototype review, quality control issues, sample evaluations and approvals for each step in the production process.
• Responsible for final review of products prior to launch including product receiving inspection, sign off on product files and creating product in Acumatica.
• Act as factory growth liaison and sourcing new products.
• 3 years of related work experience.
. Experience with 3d/CAD software is required.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are a must.
. Professional and personable manner.
Location: Central, NJ