Manager of Operations
Manager of Operations
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining the Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life at NYU as the Manager of Operations. You will drive the organization forward by thinking big and implementing with excellence on a day to day basis. As you develop and implement facilities, fiscal, and operations strategies, you will ensure the Bronfman Center achieves it's mission of transforming lives.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will manage the budgetary, financial, operational, and facilities matters for the Bronfman Center. You will be called upon to work with senior leadership of the Bronfman Center to develop office policies, procedures, culture, and to supervise staff. You will support all grant and gift reporting and provide essential operations support to the program and rabbinical staff at the Bronfman Center in service of Jewish student life for all of NYU, including its global sites.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and implement strategies and systems for operational success and best practices including building management and oversight of major event planning
- Oversee and manage the day to day responsibilities associated with fiscal affairs (bookkeeping, vendor engagement, etc)
- Oversee all aspects of facilities management including daily maintenance, repairs, remodels, build-outs, and new construction.
- Supervise, mentor and support the growth of 1-2 full-time staff members (and PT student staff)
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships with the University community
- Ensure that all staff and students have the tools, space, and capacity to do their jobs with excellence.
On a day to day basis you will
- Manage Bronfman Center budgets to ensure availability of funds for operations, travel and special events; ensure compliance with University policies. Manage the determination of budgetary needs; prepare projections and recommend future allocations; authorize expenditures/allocation of funding and supervise staff to ensure budgetary processing and maintenance of related records. Review and evaluate contracts, appropriations, and expenditure requests. Manage automated system for tracking budget expenses; ensure departmental expenditures (e.g.,Pcard, CTA, APworkflow) are verified. Reconcile budget tracking system with University's budget tracking system to facilitate budget administration; resolve all budget disjcrepancies. Manage JEMS and bud mods.
- Facilitate execution of the day to day operations of the center including room reservations; mailings; reception duties; general bill processing, filing, daily office and space maintenance, etc. Serve as liaison with various University offices such as Purchasing, Accounts Payable, ITS and others in regards to services provided to the Bronfman center and implementation of University best practices. Liaise with vendors. Supervise student worker support staff.
- Oversee all aspects of facilities management including daily maintenance, repairs, remodels, build-outs, and new construction. Act as the liaison to NYU's Office of Facilities Management, Office of Construction Management and the Department of Public Safety.
- Build meaningful relationships with key university staff and faculty that yield productive partnerships.
- Partner with the student-facing staff to ensure effective and quality service delivery to students. Collaborate with student life team when appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing Jewish learning and professional development.
- Assist with data collection and maintenance.
- Think creatively and implement ideas that enable us to effectively achieve our mission, vision, and goals.
What You’ve Accomplished
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in academic or not-for-profit administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing office operations and staff, familiarity with HR best practices, management of budgets, data analysis, and programming/events planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to develop, implement and interpret policies and procedures. Operational and staff supervision. Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate sensitive information verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Management of multiple projects while maintaining quality.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Comfort in managing teams as well as working independently and collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great, new opportunities and anticipating needs is a must.
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, alumnae/i, and university partners
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity so you may act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults
- A self-starting attitude
- Passion for operations, finance, and facilities management (must love: spreadsheets, hospitality, budgets, and people)
- Enthusiasm for the Bronfman Center mission and vision
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, generous vacation/sick time, family leave, tuition remission (see NYU benefits)
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About the Bronfman Center at NYU
- the voices of Jewish young adults
- the depth of Jewish tradition and its legacy of questioning,
- the intellectual and global resources of NYU,
- the energy of New York City,
- the Bronfman Center is an inclusive home, interweaving students, scholars, and community partners who enhance their lives and the world around them through transformative learning and action.
The Bronfman Center strives to be :
1. A home for Jewish students, and a Jewish center for the whole of New York University.
2. A model member of influential networks of counterpart institutions, including Hillels, New York Jewish organizations, and NYU departments.
3. An incubator of ideas which enhances Jewish communal thinking, confronts core issues, and translates them into trainings for lay and professional leaders.
4. A leading partner in civic and Jewish life in Lower Manhattan.
5. A New York counterpart to global Jewish communities
The Bronfman Center is a department of New York University. See more at .
Please apply through the NYU website