A Manufacturer and Distributor of Cleaning Products is seeking a Logistics Director for Shipping & Receiving.
This position is responsible for providing strong leadership and supervising the day-to-day shipping and receiving functions. In coordination with the Warehouse Manager, this position is responsible for shipping, receiving and the transportation scheduling in a safe and efficient manner. This includes planning, directing, and coordinating all activities within the department, including work force hiring, training and facilitating the movement of product into and out of the warehouse, while maintaining high standards with respect to safety, productivity, quality, and on-time delivery. This position is instrumental in meeting and exceeding customer’s expectations, while continuously identifying opportunities to streamline the workflow and gain efficiencies.
• Oversee the transportation of products to customers.
• Devise routes for shipments.
• Coordinate drivers, vehicles and loads for all direct shipments.
• Recruit, hire, on-board and train drivers.
• Ensure vehicle and driver logs and records are updated and in compliance with all DOT regulations and that all OSHA and Hazmat safety guidelines are followed.
• Oversee the upkeep and regular maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Schedule and utilize common carriers (UPS, etc.) as needed.
• Oversee warehouse management to ensure proper staffing and execution of picking and loading of deliveries.
• 3 + years of previous applicable work experience.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with others and work independently.
• Superior Computer skills.
• Highly dependable.