Title: Fund Accountant
Location: Brooklyn New York
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Private family office located in Brooklyn is seeking an experienced Accountant to join its team. Candidate should be a quick learner and have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or higher. Position reports to controller and interacts regularly with upper management.
• Working knowledge of Yardi
• Well-organized and able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
• Record transactions for trusts, legal agreements. Manage the assets of trustees or beneficiaries.
• Candidate will be fully responsible for the accounting, bookkeeping, and compliance on multiple trusts and loan companies.
• Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and software
• Monitors A/P Aging
• Oversees A/P Accruals
• Ensuring compliance with trust agreements, implementing regulatory guidelines, recording receipts and payments, maintaining trust records, and reporting to trustees.
• Strong time management skills, attention to detail, effective communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task.
Main job requirements are:
• Accounting expertise, strong numeracy skills,
• Analytical thinking, confidentiality, integrity, computer competences, and deadline orientation.
• Experience in trust accounting is strongly preferred.
Please email your resume to: