Finance Associate - Magen David Yeshiva
We are currently looking for a Finance Associate for our Brooklyn school. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Associate supports the accounting and reporting functions of the school.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain general ledger transactions within QuickBooks, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- Support banking and credit card operations by reviewing daily account activity and accounting for all transactions, and conducting relevant account reconciliations
- Enter payroll run from payroll provider into Quickbooks
- Perform account analyses, allocations, and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed assets list and account for depreciation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet general ledger account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Assist with year-end closing and support the annual audit process
- Support monthly close activities, including posting of journal entries, tracking of expense accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare month end variance reports
- Assist in the preparation and timely delivery of requested financial reports
- Assist Controller with special projects.
- Assist in the annual Form 990 preparation and filing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in audit and accounting with a concentration in non-profit accounting. CPA license is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks (or similar Accounting software) and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and tact.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
MDY is committed to inclusive employment opportunities therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 403(b), and free school lunch.
Please apply by sending your resume to our email address: