Female Head of Aquatics
Camp Shalom NJ is a not-for-profit day camp that believes every child deserves an amazing summer experience. Campers will experience all of the elements that make camp special: swimming, sports, and outdoor fun.
The Aquatics Director is responsible for the safety of the campers in the outdoor pools and in any pool-related activity. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the behaviors of the lifeguards and their lifeguarding skills.
Background Required and Qualifications
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Has the ability to work independently and know when to request assistance.
• Possesses good leadership abilities and responsibility skills.
• Demonstrates appropriate behavior at all times.
• Patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled, and dependable.
• Has the ability to work with others and follow directions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Be knowledgeable of all policies and rules and assist in their enforcement.
• Observes all rules and regulations established for the Camp Shalom staff and campers.
• Recruits and hires all lifeguards and water safety instructors.
• Ensures proper certification for all lifeguarding staff and arranges for recertification when necessary.
• Maintains files with all, accurate certifications and provides a copy of such file to the Executive Director.
• Arranges testing of each camper at the start of camp and assigns them to swim groups and distributes appropriate level swim cap.
• Checks in with office weekly for updated lists and new campers.
• Provides a list of lifeguards and their assigned campers in the 3rd week of each month.
• Handles all supplies related to the pool.
• Assigns tasks to, schedules breaks for, and maintains work records of lifeguards.
• Assesses the appropriateness of campers’ behavior and applies appropriate behavior management techniques.
• Effectively communicates with parents, including at least two times per month.
• Specifically notifies parents if the child is not participating in the swimming program before reports are sent out.
• Train staff in teaching techniques
•Make sure that all staff are at their appointed spots on time
•Perform regularly scheduled water tests (per city-state mandates) and maintain log •book with results
•Provide indoor teaching on rainy days.
• Notifies the Executive Camp Director and office staff if he/she must be absent or late for duty for any reason.
• Notifies the office when a staff member from their division is absent or late.
Years of experience: 3-4
Water Safety Instructor(WSI) Certification
To apply for this job email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org