Controller - Real Estate
Position: Controller - Real Estate
Location: Brooklyn, NY
We are seeking a Controller to take responsibility for accounting, finance and tax related functions at a fast-growing real estate private equity firm. We invest capital in real estate on behalf of a large portfolio of investors. Most of our assets are managed in-house and some out of state properties are managed by third-party property management firms.
Candidate will be responsible for accounting and financial matters at the Management Company level, including preparation of financial statements and managing the AR & AP and bank reconciliations.
• Responsible for all accounting and reporting for multiple entities
• Timely preparation of monthly financial reports, i.e. balance sheets, P&L statements, cash flows
on tax, cash and/or GAAP basis as required
• Corporate accounts payable, and timely processing of rent, and payroll
• Prepare workpapers for outside accounting firm to prepare tax returns
• Review tax returns and financial statements prior to issuance
• Manage all insurance claims, dealing with the attorneys and provide all supporting documents requested
• Investor relations, reporting and new acquisitions
• Tracking investor funding and capital accounts, capital calls
• Lender compliance, including pre-close checklists, draw requests and reporting
• Create structure charts and review operating agreements
• Have 5+ yr accounting experience in financial statements and accounting.
• Fluency with Yardi and ability to make journal entries and keep entity books for various
investments and generate financial statements
• Ability to lead others and manage a team
• Optional : 2-3+ yr private accounting experience as an assistant controller or controller in an
investment management office with real estate exposure
Email resumes to
Email resumes to