Chief Financial Officer
High volume NY-based Ecommerce company looking for a Chief Financial Officer to lead our accounting/finance team in all aspects of our financial operations.
We are looking for an experienced CFO to elevate our Finance team, automate our A/P processes, and improve our financial reporting and analytics capabilities. Our ideal CFO is for someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and dig into the details and systems in to understand the mechanics of the business, and equally comfortable in the boardroom discussing strategy with our other executives.
The CFO will lead a team of 8-10 people and be responsible to for every facet of our company finances including: accounts payable, cash management, closings and reconciliations, financial reporting and analytics, taxes, and cost savings. We work in a highly dynamic industry where accuracy, strategy, analytics, efficiency, and execution are critical to our success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization against term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts
· Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
· Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plans
· Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by business unit, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow
· Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
· Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
· Oversee weekly cash management
· Oversee accounting and AP Department, approve payables
· Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
· Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget
· Create/lead financial planning and analysis department
· Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
· Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
· Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability
· Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, auditors, and officials
· Utilize modeling and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight
· Serve as a key member of executive leadership team
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
· 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a mid-size consumer goods, retail, or ecommerce company
· 15+ years total accounting or finance experience
· Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
· “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and teamwork – and ability to motivate staff.
· Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org