The Assistant Controller will report directly to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Assistant Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including partnership and corporate accounting, non-profit, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
•Assist CFO with management of all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P
•Coordinate and assist with the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
•Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
•Coordinate and assist with the preparation of regulatory reporting including annual and periodic program review audits
•Support month-end and year-end close process
•Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
•Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
•Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
•Additional controller duties as necessary Requirements
• 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience (in a pinch we will look at 2-5 years of experience also)
• CPA is very helpful but not essential.
• Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is recommended
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with financial statement preparation
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Experience in preparing and review of partnership, corporate, payroll and non-profit tax filings
• Experience with property management organizations would be great
• Experience with various accounting software administration – NetSuite experience will be super-helpful
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
While this job description covers the main responsibilities of the job, it is not intended to cover every aspect of the job, and other responsibilities may be assigned. While performing the duties of this position, the following functions are required: Constantly: walking, sitting at a desk, grasping/gripping, bending/stooping/squatting, finger dexterity, computer input, coordination of hand, eye & foot; Frequently: standing for long periods of time, climb stairs, twisting; Occasionally: reach above shoulder height, lift 20-30 lbs., do push/pull motions, and driving.
Everflow Supplies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Please send resume with cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com.