Web Production and Design Executive, Marketing and Communications @ UJA Federation of New York
Web Production and Design Executive, Marketing and Communications
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Web Production and Design Executive is responsible for the day-to-day production of UJA-Federation’s web properties, including ujafedny.org and various microsites. This role works closely with counterparts in IT and the Brand team to design, develop, maintain, monitor, and update our web properties, and has substantial responsibility around the systems and technologies supporting web design and production for the Marketing Department. This position reports to the Director of Integrated and Resource Marketing.
- Help develop requirements for the organization’s web properties.
- Design and build web pages and microsites, working with team members and freelancers to meet the needs and goals of various audiences within the organization and following QA best practices to ensure that all content and transaction pages are functional, user-friendly, and responsive across all major devices.
- Translate design mockups to web using HTML and CSS to execute digital design that reflects UJA’s brand standards and manage approvals and publishing.
- Perform user acceptance testing for new features from the IT development team.
- Work closely with counterparts in IT to respond to and troubleshoot website issues.
- Maintain mastery of the systems and technologies supporting our web properties, including but not limited to the custom CMS for our primary website, WordPress, Classy, and WooCommerce.
- Coordinate with IT on setting up any WordPress or other microsites, and on backup strategies for the site, content, and databases. Maintain the updates for security and bug fixes, including any plugins.
- Collaborate closely with the Brand Team to execute web content decisions quickly, efficiently, and with quality control in order to meet the needs of the organization in real time.
- Maintain basic familiarity with UJA’s email production tools and support email team with production as necessary.
- Liaise with IT and external vendors around the selection, customization, and implementation of systems and processes impacting web production, including platform/server updates, operational enhancements, and integration with other systems.
- Ensure efficient management of internal customer requests for the web channel, enhancing the processes and systems to communicate request information to the production team.
- Understand the marketing KPIs relevant to the web channel, monitor related metrics, and contribute to web strategy.
- Use a code repository and maintain up-to-date documentation of web systems and processes.
- Stay on top of industry trends and web best practices in SEM/SEO and user experience design.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in website development, with fluency in at least one industry-standard CMS and with HTML, CSS, and at least one scripting language
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop (InDesign is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of typography and user-friendly layouts
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at