PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATOR, Part Time
The BOROUGH OF HIGHLAND PARK, Middlesex County, is accepting applications for an experienced part-time Public Safety Telecommunicator (Dispatch) in the Highland Park Police Department. Applicants must be detail oriented, possess excellent customer service, written, and oral communication skills. Applicants are preferred to have knowledge of NCIC/ SCIC, AOC, and the ABPNet/ TRAK System. Applicants are highly recommended to possess the following:
Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) or National Emergency Communications Institute (NECI) Emergency Communications Officer Certification
Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Card
Additional requirements include:
· Must be available for various day, night, and weekend shifts, as needed.
· Understand, relay, and carry out oral and written instructions.
· Authorized to work in the United States and a New Jersey resident.
· Must possess at least a High School diploma or equivalent.
· All qualified applicants will be required to undergo and pass a successful background check.
For additional details, qualifications, and submit application and resume, visit . Job qualifications, requirements, and submission of application and supporting documentation can found at .
Applications and resumes can be mailed to, The Borough of Highland Park, Attention of Captain Curbelo, 222 South Fifth Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904. The Borough reserves the right to review resumes and conduct interviews as they are received. Applications accepted until the position has been filled. The Borough of Highland Park is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).