MID-LEVEL / SENIOR TRANSACTIONAL ATTORNEY FOR HEDGE FUND INVESTMENT TEAM
NYC -based investment adviser with $2B+ AUM is seeking an attorney with ~4 -6 years’ transactional experience in public and private equity investments to join its investment team. Excellent opportunity for a very ambitious individual looking to apply experience from years in Big Law to a buy-side role at a growing investment firm, working in a fast‐paced and dynamic professional environment.
• Assist in managing and negotiating public and private equity investments, joint ventures, co -
investments, private placements, PIPE s, SPAC s, converts, pre -IPO investments and similar transactions on behalf of the Firm’s funds and accounts.
• Act as lead transaction counsel on deals, manage transaction execution, review and negotiate full range of deal documentation (e.g., sub docs, LLC agreements, NDAs, term sheets, etc.).
• Manage external deal counsel, in conjunction with the investment team, and work closely with
colleagues in finance, operations and compliance.
• Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders to develop, establish and improve internal processes
relating to investments.
• Coordinate with compliance teams with respect to information barriers, restricted list reviews, inside
information, thresholds and other regulatory coverage areas.
• Take initiative to identify and analyze problems, generate alternative solutions and make decisions with
• Adhere to investment process and operational standards.
• J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and four to six years’
experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or the legal department of an asset manager, investment bank
or other leading organization.
• Significant experience in private equity, co-invest, M&A and capital markets transactions. Distressed
debt restructuring a plus.
• Strong technical legal and commercial skills.
• Experience advising fund managers and non-bank institutions as lenders or investors is a plus.
• Ability to oversee and effectively manage outside counsel and internal stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work with others and manage multiple time sensitive matters
in a demanding, fast -paced and fluid environment.
• Motivated team player with ability to work independently and potential to lead as necessary.
• Ability to take initiative to anticipate, identify and analyze issues, generate potential solutions and make
decisions with little direction/supervision.
• Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, written and oral communication skills – must be able to resolve
complex issues in a practical manner on a compressed timeline and to communicate complex concepts
in an understandable way.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner.
REMOTE WORK OK UNTIL PANDEMIC IS OVER
Interested candidates , please send cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org