Library Clerk II @ Yeshiva University
Library Clerk II
Library Clerk II
Job No: 495302
Work Type: Staff 1199 Union, Staff Full-time
Department: University Libraries
Location: Beren Campus, 245 Lexington Avenue, NY, NY
Provides support and performs duties related to providing library collections and services for the University community.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Thursday 8:30-5:30; Friday 9-12:30
• Follows predetermined procedures and policies in the library and uses library resources that are simple or of limited complexity
• Checks out and checks in library materials; registers students and other users of the library; performs other circulation-related activities using the ILS (Integrated Library Systems)
• Collects fines and adjusts patron records
• Communicates predetermined library policies and procedures to library users. Assists patrons with directional questions and responds to simple questions regarding the use of Library resources, such as locating items in the OPAC, using the Library website to locate information about services, etc.
• Compares, retrieves and checks online and tangible data against existing files, such as OPAC, OCLC, Books in Print online, etc.
• Collates and prepares materials for binding, including filling out binding slips and updating OPAC
• Enters data for complex bibliographic and other records
• Extracts data from online records
• Tracks supplies, checks availability and item designations on vendor websites, submits lists of needed items to supervisor
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Experience & Education Background:
• High School Diploma is required
• 2+ years related experience preferred
• Knowledge of Hebrew language preferred
Skills & Competencies:
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Good reading, data entry and word processing skills; accuracy and attention to detail
• Customer service demeanor, good listening skills and demonstrated patience when dealing with patrons
• Sound judgment about when to respond and when to refer patrons and/or questions to a professional librarian or supervisor
• Should project a positive attitude about the Library and the University when interacting with Library patrons
• Self-discipline and judgment are essential as work will often be performed in the absence of a supervisor
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected vetera
Application Instructions Applicants apply directly to Employer. Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2323376