Executive Vice President @ Jewish Funders Network
Executive Vice President
Jewish Funders Network (JFN) is an international organization dedicated to advancing the quality and impact of Jewish philanthropy. JFN works with funders, both individually and collectively, to improve the quality of their giving and to maximize their impact across the world. Members include independent philanthropists, foundation trustees and professionals who come together as a community to transform the nature of Jewish giving in both thought and action.
Founded in 1990, JFN spearheaded the independent Jewish Philanthropy movement. JFN has since grown into a global organization, with more than 1,800 members in 11 countries and offices in New York, Israel, and Los Angeles. JFN members’ total annual charitable giving is estimated at over $1 billion.
JFN is continually evolving to meet the needs of its members and the greater Jewish community and currently has several signature initiatives, including the JFN International Conference, Matching Grant Initiatives, Member to Member Services, JFN Israel, and Jewish Teen Funders Network.
JFN is headquartered in New York City and has approximately 22 staff members. The agency is governed by a 42-member Board of Directors and has a budget of approximately $5 million.
This Executive Vice President (EVP) position is a critically important role and an opportunity for an executive to contribute to JFN’s growth and impact in both the North American and global Jewish community. The EVP will report to and partner with the CEO, Andrés Spokoiny.
The EVP will supervise all of JFN’s program directors by providing oversight and assistance in managing strategies, resources, and timetables for their work. As a supervisor, the EVP will aid in the development of programs and budgets for new initiatives and help to evaluate results. The EVP will be the day-to-day operating executive working with staff and leadership to implement JFN’s programs. Outstanding candidates for this position will understand how to facilitate, mediate, and make decisions around competing priorities in the organization by building strong relationships with team members and by skillfully guiding those teams to drive the translation of the vision of JFN into a reality.
The EVP should have a deep understanding of the organized Jewish community and a strong working knowledge of the philanthropic and foundation world. The EVP should also be comfortable working in a multicultural environment, especially with Israelis that are a critical part of the network.
In addition, JFN has recently launched JFN 3.0, a strategic framework that places greater emphasis on initiating and facilitating coalitions of funders to address critical issues facing the Jewish community. JFN 3.0 provides a new model of stewardship and engagement that connects funders and provides them with tools, opportunities for impact, and partnerships to help spark creative programs and collaborations. The EVP will be tasked with developing the strategy and infrastructure for JFN 3.0 and with providing professional support and leadership to coalitions of funders coming together to address issues through this initiative. Strong candidates for this position will approach the work with a focus on developing relationships with funders and on becoming a true and trusted thought partner in the field of Jewish philanthropy.
• Lead, motivate, supervise, and evaluate program staff, and facilitate their day-to-day work through the development of a strong team model.
• Guide and support staff in evaluating existing programs and developing new creative programs with measurable outcomes.
• Ensure that all programs and operational plans are aligned with JFN’s mission and priorities.
• Lead the strategy and implementation of JFN 3.0, a strategic framework that (among other things) emphasizes JFN’s role in proactively identifying and catalyzing collective action among funders.
• In partnership with the CEO, evaluate and interpret the feasibility, risk, and financial impact of ongoing services, programs, new initiatives, and new models of operation.
• Steward a portfolio of existing funders and develop relationships with member prospects.
• Work in partnership with the CEO to help develop an entrepreneurial and stimulating culture for all employees.
• Advise the CEO and board on relevant trends pertaining to strategic philanthropy and provide them with reports and recommendations when appropriate.
• Demonstrate ability as a thought leader across the organization (partner to CEO, staff and board) and with funders.
• In conjunction with CEO and Finance Director, advise the board in the fiscal planning and budgeting process for JFN.
• Passion for JFN and its mission, and ability to inspire others to work for and support the organization.
• A dynamic, collaborative, and mentoring leader who inspires trust and respect.
• Ability and desire to be innovative around all areas of programming, operations, and staff supervision and growth.
• Ability to develop and steward collaboration and creativity when driving large-scale, complex projects to completion.
• Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, and follow-through in organizational planning and implementation.
• Ability to relate to and partner with multiple constituencies including the CEO, Board of Directors, staff and JFN members.
• Proficiency to work collaboratively with other JFN executive team members.
• Successful track record and experience with donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Experience with budgeting and financial oversight.
• Creative, innovative, entrepreneurial, and strategic inclinations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to serve as a senior-level advisor to a high-profile public organizational leader.
• Knowledgeable about Israel and experienced in working with programs and professionals there.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional references. Please submit all materials to email@example.com and include “Executive Vice President” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.