Director of Public Relations and Community Engagement @ Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
Director of Public Relations and Community Engagement
This full time position, which works closely with Program and Marketing staffs, is responsible for promoting the institutional brand both internally and externally as part of the JCC’s effort to foster greater understanding of its mission, vision, and values.
• Seek press coverage of JCC programs, classes, and events in local and national outlets, including but not limited to print, web, television, and radio platforms.
• Embed oneself within the organization to proactively seek out stories that radiate organizational values, and groom internal team of experts to serve as go-to personnel for reporters.
• Develop relationships with local reporters in order to pitch features and tips on a variety of stories across the JCC spectrum.
• Work with intern and/or marketing staff to secure listings for broad range of events, classes, and programs in local press.
• Report on progress to senior staff on a weekly basis.
• Represent the JCC at news-related photo shoots, live broadcasts, events and red carpet events.
• Serve as voice of institution during times in which quick response is required, in consultation with CEO and CMO.
• Envision and implement messaging projects that reach the wider JCC community on print, web, and other platforms (i.e. JCC building itself), in consultation with marketing and programming staffs.
• Seek out new local corporate and business partnerships while overseeing JCC’s Neighborhood Partners program, which maintains relations with local vendors that provide discounts and/or services to community.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Two to four years press relations experience, non-profit or for-profit, with good knowledge of metro-NYC press market.
• Excellent communication, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated “people person” with ability to interface with individuals on marketing and programming staffs
• Ability to work night and weekend hours, as needed.
• Work well under pressure in deadline-oriented environment on multiple projects (sense of humor essential).
• Diplomatic team player with willingness to immerse onself in all aspects of JCC life/environment in order to familiarize oneself with institution.
• Excellent computer skills, including Google environment (Gmail, calendar, forms, etc.). Experience with Cision, Meltwater, and other online press services a plus.
• Knowledge of or experience with Jewish life in NYC and UWS community a plus.
Please email resume and cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com