Day School Professional Development Manager @ Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
Day School Professional Development Manager
Job Title: Day School Professional Development Manager
Department: Planning & Community Services
Reports to: Director, Day School Initiative
The Greater MetroWest Day School Initiative is an ambitious and multi-faceted effort to enable Jewish day schools in our community to be affordable and academically excellent. A centerpiece of the Initiative is The Quest for Teaching Excellence, an annual investment in providing support for every educator in every school to advance professionally along with an individualized professional development program.
The Quest program works with the Deans of Faculty and teachers in each of the four participating day schools:
• Golda Och Academy
• The Jewish Educational Center
• Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy / Rae Kushner Yeshiva High School
• Gottesman RTW Academy
A major goal of The Quest is to foster collaborative thinking and activity among and within the schools in General and Judaic Studies. The Deans are responsible for planning, implementing, and assessing the Quest’s professional development program within their respective schools. They are immersed in their day-to-day activities and benefit from the Manager, a peer educational leader, acting as a First-among-equals to help them “Think globally and act locally;” someone who is familiar with and who can bring resources such as programs and professionals that will inform and advance the Deans’ practice and that of the teachers with whom they interact.
The activities that emerge from these collaborations should be high-impact and may range from creating connections among educators at two or more schools with a shared agenda, to multi-stage activities among academic departments.
The Manager will be supervised by and work collaboratively with the Initiative’s Director to integrate the learnings from these activities into the overall planning of the Initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Convene Community of Practice among the Deans of each school
• Manage Collaborative Professional Development Programs and student tie-in programs
• Plan and oversee the Quest Conference (tentatively scheduled for November 2021)
• Manage Jerry Gottesman Fellowship program and trip
• Support funding needs of the schools for professional practice and educational programming
• Oversee Annual Census of Professional Development
• Leverage Jewish communal network and resources, both locally and nationally
• Manage Marketing of the Quest programming in conjunction with the Federation’s Impact Team
• Knowledge of Day Schools
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written
• Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Experience with analyzing data
• Knowledge of non-profit world
• Ability to network within the community
• Comfort working with all types of people from peers to lay leaders
• Teaching experience a plus
Qualified candidates submit resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference Quest