Assistant Controller/Fund Accountant
Bienville Capital Management, LLC is an investment firm (with an AUM of approximately $2.6 billion as of 2/1/2021) that currently manages a global macro hedge fund and related funds/SMAs, various private equity/venture capital funds in addition to offering advisory services. The firm was founded in 2008 with a singular focus on delivering exceptional investment performance to our clients.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Controller/Fund Accountant who can handle a fast-paced work environment supporting the firm’s growing fund and advisory businesses.
We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, a proactive mindset and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably in a hedge or private equity fund environment. Compensation may vary depending on
experience and skillset of the candidate. Below are the roles and responsibilities we would expect the candidate to assume.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with the Accounting and Operations teams handling the following:
▪ Daily (T+1) accounting and maintenance of the firm’s shadow accounting systems, including position and cash reconciliations
▪ Assist in the month/quarter-end NAV reconciliation process for the firm’s multiple fund products
▪ Liaise with the firm’s auditors, tax preparers, administrators, prime brokers, and custodians
▪ Manage the fund expense allocation and payment processes
▪ Assist the firm with tax, audit, and compliance related projects
▪ Assist the marketing team by calculating or confirming various metrics for presentations, reports, market analysis, etc.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
▪ Bachelor’s Degree
▪ CPA preferred
▪ Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
▪ Proficient in Excel; knowledge of QuickBooks; familiarity with Bloomberg, Enfusion, and/or Allvue a strong advantage
▪ Ability to learn quickly, work independently and be creative
▪ Sense of humor
New York City
To be considered for the position, please send your resume to email@example.com