Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for planning, design, optimization, operation and control of technological products, processes and services to impact IT systems while also positively affecting teaching, learning and productivity. This position manages the network infrastructure, data systems, and hardware/software tools while also overseeing the integration of technology into the PreK-8 classrooms.
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions in the ES, Early Childhood and Administrative offices.
- Support and maintain existing applications, systems management and develop new technical solutions and innovations including school’s network infrastructure, security cameras, VOIP, student information system, financial system, donor/fundraising system, VPN, Audio Visual /Sound systems, learning portals, database systems, Internet/Wifi systems, backend of website/domain, mobile devices, etc.
- Manages network firewalls, storage, CLOUD technologies, eMail, Google Apps for Education, user accounts and filters
- Meet with school leadership and stakeholders to evaluate current programs, assess needs, and prepare for future implementations.
- Plans, strategically develops, and manages department budgets.
- Oversee the training of staff in the use of technology.
- Oversee the data management needs of the organization.
- Manages compliance and develops policies and procedures with data security, acceptable use policies (Staff & Student), Internet Safety, cyber security, disaster recovery and network security.
- Be familiar with and abide by the New York State Department of Education, New York City Department of Education, and the school procedures that relate to use of technology.
- Direct and oversee the integration of technology into the PreK-8 classrooms.
- Develop Technology curriculum and select technology-oriented learning tools for classrooms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (Master’s Degree preferred.
- Have credentials and 7-10 years experience in network infrastructure, teaching, learning and productivity.
- Ability to work with all users- Administrators, Staff, Teachers, Students and Parents
- Strong skills in problem solving, strategic and long range planning
- Provide strong communication and articulate and promote initiatives, projects and upgrades
- Must be able to work as a team leader and as part of a team
- Must be able to write reports and proposals
- Strong negotiating skills with vendors and providers regarding pricing and services
- Needs to show Innovation, creativity and willingness to learn new technologies and solutions
- Must have ability to think outside the box and being a change agent
- Must have strong skills mentoring, coaching and cultivating current staff
- Must have a positive outlook, sense of humor and be respectful
- Must also be self-directed, self-motivated, organized, results oriented
We are committed to inclusive employment opportunities therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org